Stellaris Megacorp

Man yours, and others' guns! ...Sundays 8PM-11PM EST
Altaris
Field Marshall

Re: Stellaris Megacorp

Mon Feb 18, 2019 5:15 am

Yeah you're probably right, esp considering I have no idea where you see shortages of motes or rare crystals ;)

Chalk it up to not having spent enough time with Mecacorp. It is definitely a far more complex and intricate system than it used to be. Kinda miss Stellaris being a more accessible PDS game, looks like this one requires watching hours of dev diaries and such now too. to be fair ive had weird economic situations in SP as well prolly for similar reasons but haven't spent enough time figuring out the multitude of levers and buildings needed to fine tune the machine.

mikeydz
Field Marshall

Mon Feb 18, 2019 6:41 am

Altaris wrote:
Mon Feb 18, 2019 5:15 am
Yeah you're probably right, esp considering I have no idea where you see shortages of motes or rare crystals ;)
If you look at the pic Bill posted, all the rares and specials are lumped into the last icon on the right (the double triangle icon, showing 1.9k with a -3). Mouse over that and it will break down all the individual rares and their quantities.

It's not the most intuitive, but considering all the special materials, there really isn't room on the top bar to break them out individually, like energy, food, and minerals are.

Bill
Field Marshall

Mon Feb 18, 2019 9:06 am

[/quote]

It's not the most intuitive, but considering all the special materials, there really isn't room on the top bar to break them out individually, like energy, food, and minerals are.
[/quote]

Right.

More information to the gamer.

There's a science to ensuring gamers get the information they need.

I think Greyhound is a game designer...he might have insights into this part of game design.
  • "How do you get vital information to the customer so that their space empire doesn't collapse for want of a mote."

For Want of a Nail, The Shoe Was Lost
    For want of a nail, the shoe was lost;
    For want of the shoe, the horse was lost;
    For want of the horse, the rider was lost;
    For want of the rider, the battle was lost;
    For want of the battle, the kingdom was lost;
    And all from the want of a horseshoe nail.

harbringerxv8
Field Marshall

Mon Feb 18, 2019 9:53 am

Altaris wrote:
Mon Feb 18, 2019 3:39 am
harbringerxv8 wrote:
Mon Feb 18, 2019 2:11 am
Fungal opponents? Last I checked we had an alliance, Alt....

This will not be forgotten.
This was the AI's doing. It dropped all the pacts and starting putting claims on my key systems connecting the two halves of my empire, and had gone full hostile stance. This was pretty much a necessity to protect the continuity of the empire.
The Fungus will not be denied, sir.

I figured as much, lol. Could anyone post a save so I can see what shroomnanigans my empire got itself into?
-Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
Napoleon Bonaparte

mikeydz
Field Marshall

Mon Feb 18, 2019 11:58 am

Altaris
Field Marshall

Mon Feb 18, 2019 3:59 pm

harbringerxv8 wrote:
Altaris wrote:
harbringerxv8 wrote:
Mon Feb 18, 2019 2:11 am
Fungal opponents? Last I checked we had an alliance, Alt....

This will not be forgotten.
This was the AI's doing. It dropped all the pacts and starting putting claims on my key systems connecting the two halves of my empire, and had gone full hostile stance. This was pretty much a necessity to protect the continuity of the empire.

I figured as much, lol. Could anyone post a save so I can see what shroomnanigans my empire got itself into?
You're in pretty good shape, you'll definitely win our current war and break out of your current borders. Have at it, it's fair game considering I attacked you while AI controlled. Since I'm out next week, I would ask that you expand westwards so I have the core of my empire still intact when I get back, but it's just a request. You are currently somewhat boxed in and have to expand at either mine or JM's expense, might as well be mine since my economy seems prone to falling apart these days.

The AI in Megacorp is pretty daunting, it did a good job running your Fun-Guys while you were out.

Bill
Field Marshall

Mon Feb 18, 2019 5:02 pm

Altaris wrote:
my economy seems prone to falling apart these days.
mikeydz wrote:
Mon Feb 18, 2019 6:41 am
A discussion about providing more information to the player about motes is found on Paradox's Stellaris forum:

https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/in ... s.1153554/

jmland
General

Mon Feb 18, 2019 8:50 pm

Altaris wrote:
harbringerxv8 wrote:
Altaris wrote:

You're in pretty good shape, you'll definitely win our current war and break out of your current borders. Have at it, it's fair game considering I attacked you while AI controlled. Since I'm out next week, I would ask that you expand westwards so I have the core of my empire still intact when I get back, but it's just a request. You are currently somewhat boxed in and have to expand at either mine or JM's expense, might as well be mine since my economy seems prone to falling apart these days.

The AI in Megacorp is pretty daunting, it did a good job running your Fun-Guys while you were out.
Harb would be well advised to check the relative fleet strength before considering attacking the Most Holy and Sacred Dominion of the Kindred. High King and Strategos Bera na-Ladar, killer of many many many bad guys would only have to wave her hand in your general direction to strike fear and trembling into the hearts of the undeserving. Falter not in your grovelling at your peril!
:D

Bill
Field Marshall

Tue Feb 19, 2019 2:48 pm

Here's a vote to boot up the game early this Sunday, 24 Feb.

Start without me (the Academic Lizards, aka, "Irenic Pursuants"), this Sunday, 24 Feb.

Or. Start with me (if there is an early start). If there is an early start, I'll boot up and plot my race's course.

Then I'll leave.

Then I'll return in about 2 hours.

Or perhaps not.

That'll be OK. The A.I. will take over and declare all of your races as students. And enroll your people in kindergarten.

Even your little dog, Toto, too.

Summary: I'll miss much of the game or perhaps all of it this Sunday. Just hope my leapin' lizards don't meet the same fate as the A.I. Mushroom Men.

Altaris
Field Marshall

Tue Feb 19, 2019 5:50 pm

I'm out this week too, but go ahead with session, I know you guys want to get to MtG within the near future. I should be good to go the following Sunday.

After several days of reflection on Stellaris: MC, I've come to the conclusion I need to spend some serious time in SP figuring out where to look for all the economic indicators. This all used to be really easy to deduce in Stellaris prior to MC, not so much anymore. Frankly, I'm lost on what does what with 15ish planets, tons of buildings, lots of resources to keep track of, trade nodes, etc. It's not necessarily a bad thing, but it does require a lot more learning of the game mechanics than once used to be the case.

Bill
Field Marshall

Sun Feb 24, 2019 12:50 pm

Altaris wrote:
Tue Feb 19, 2019 5:50 pm
I'm out this week too, but go ahead with session, I know you guys want to get to MtG within the near future. I should be good to go the following Sunday.

Altaris will not be playing tonight (?)

If so, we will need another host.

Altaris was kind enough (tolerant enough) to slog through the sign-ons in previous games. What a chore.

With that image of happy hosting in your mind, would you like to host?

("you" means anyone reading this :) )

Altaris
Field Marshall

Sun Feb 24, 2019 3:47 pm

yeah I'm out tonight I've worked 22 of the last 36 hpurs and I'm utterly beat. have fun I'll be back next week

Altaris
Field Marshall

Mon Feb 25, 2019 9:14 am

so how bad did the brotherhood get wrecked last night?

Zarin_lives
Field Marshall

Mon Feb 25, 2019 9:52 am

Not bad you only lost a couple systems to Harb, then suddenly a wild Khan appeared! So we basically spent the session trying to deal with him and now his kingdom is being absorbed by the Coalition.
A dingo ate my baby!

harbringerxv8
Field Marshall

Mon Feb 25, 2019 10:39 am

That timing was... unfortunate.
-Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
Napoleon Bonaparte