June Game

Man yours, and others' guns! ...Sundays 8PM-11PM EST
mikeydz
Field Marshall

Re: June Game

Fri Jun 14, 2019 11:15 am

greyhoundgames wrote:
Thu Jun 13, 2019 1:29 pm
I called earlier that we could test not having it, but agree that its not a permanent choice but more an exploration of the option. I think its limiting for no reason other then history, but im willing to give it a try
So if we are going with no MA, can the rules page be updated to reflect that.

Also, are we going with no docking access? The same arguments against MA apply equally to DA, if not more so.

greyhoundgames
Field Marshall

Fri Jun 14, 2019 9:40 pm

We just confirmed that docking rites prevent port striking if its a neutral country. Def no hiding in neutral countries..

mikeydz
Field Marshall

Fri Jun 14, 2019 11:43 pm

greyhoundgames wrote:
Fri Jun 14, 2019 9:40 pm
We just confirmed that docking rites prevent port striking if its a neutral country. Def no hiding in neutral countries..
So are we banning neutral country DR?

greyhoundgames
Field Marshall

Sat Jun 15, 2019 7:11 am

Due to our sub distance test(which showed that in 1940 germany can reach everything except the mid pacific, and that neutral countries provide invulnerability, and that military access which is in the same vein is being taken from the allies, lets take this away for this game in the spirit of taking away MA. The main person who would need this is ummd and he has already said he doesnt want to go to the pacific. Also it gives good incentives to take iran\iraq for the axis.

It also hurts the allies. I was playing last night and not having docking rites in iceland was painfull for a little while until ship ranges improved.

if anyone wants to talk on discord and convince me that this is a terrible idea even as a test for 1 game, hit me up!

unbutu
Lieutenant General

Sat Jun 15, 2019 9:24 am

In the OP, you have another paragraph at the bottom giving a different rule for military access, you should remove it.

Let's lock in those rules and don't make any more changes before the game.

greyhoundgames
Field Marshall

Sat Jun 15, 2019 10:30 am

Fixed

Bill
Field Marshall

Sat Jun 15, 2019 10:42 am

Unless anything else happens, I will plan on playing the game tomorrow, Sunday, June 16.

I realize that Joe is finalizing his father day plans. And that his predicted attendance is iffy.

harbringerxv8
Field Marshall

Sat Jun 15, 2019 12:45 pm

I will likely not be here tomorrow. I just got part of my schedule, and there's an orientation event that I need to be present at Sunday evening.
-Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
Napoleon Bonaparte

jmland
General

Sat Jun 15, 2019 12:49 pm

I will be available.

Bill
Field Marshall

Sat Jun 15, 2019 1:35 pm

Harbringer: would you be interested in in setting Romania's builds and initial research in a 1 Jan 1936 save file?

(I don't know how everyone else feels about this method used to accommodate the absence of a player).
jmland wrote:
Sat Jun 15, 2019 12:49 pm
I will be available.
Happy Father's Day present!
See you on Sunday, 16 June.
harbringerxv8 wrote:
Sat Jun 15, 2019 12:45 pm
I will likely not be here tomorrow.
"Likely not" = 95% chance Harb won't join us on 16 June.

One experiment would be to allow Harb (if he wishes) to set up his nation and send the Save Game file to the gamemaster.

greyhoundgames
Field Marshall

Sat Jun 15, 2019 6:13 pm

Just in case anyone missed it, since joe is available we are a go for starting this sunday the 16th. See you there.
Har is welcome to do what bill proposed, but at best its picking the first focus and the ai will run amuck with his choices from that point on so not sure how helpfull it is. Not having the ai on for the first 2 years would be pretty rough.

harbringerxv8
Field Marshall

Sat Jun 15, 2019 9:04 pm

I'll play whatever hand the AI deals. No reason to overthink it.
-Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
Napoleon Bonaparte

Richard Nixon
Field Marshall

Sun Jun 16, 2019 7:09 am

Paradox released a new Stellaris DLC and I have been preoccupied hunting down ancient relics so I have completely missed out on a lot of this thread. But Lobo informed me that for this game you are not allowing military access or docking rights. If this is accurate then I may wish to participate. I will attempt to show up at the usual time. I'm pretty sure I will be there but since this is at the last minute I can't promise 100%. Don't wait for me if I am not punctual.

I'm not sure If I will be able to read this and other rules discussion thread today before the game starts. Is there anything super-duper important in these threads that I must absolutely know before the game starts that someone can summarize in a couple of sentences?

I have given almost no thought real thought to who I should play. I would be willing to balance out whichever side needs another player. I would prefer a country that I have not yet played (which excludes Romania, Spain, Manchuria, Australia, and Siam), and that isn't completely landlocked.

EDIT: I saw that Harb might miss the session. Since I have the ability to dual-box I can temporarily take over Romania for this session. If Harb has any comprehensive plans he can pass on to his teammates they can relay them to me and I can try to carry them out to the best of my ability. Or I can just wing it. I find playing two nations distracting and vastly prefer being able to focus on a single country so if Harb would prefer the AI handle Romania I would be more than happy with that as well.

EDIT 2: Giving some cursory thought to the country I would like to play.

If I am in the Axis I would like to try a Fascist Sweden. If the Soviet player thinks this is too unbalancing then we could mutually agree to keep Finland neutral. Instead of puppeting or conquering Finland the Soviets could choose the option to settle for what they ask for and neither the Axis or the Comintern could attempt to involve Finland in until either the Soviet Union is conquered or the Axis collapses. Sweden could still participate in Barbarossa but not by going through Finland so the Soviets would not have to worry about that front.

If I am on the side of the Allies I would choose Canada.
Last edited by Richard Nixon on Sun Jun 16, 2019 7:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Know that there are only three things that men respect: the lash that descends, the yoke that breaks and the sword that slays. By the power and terror of these you may conquer the earth." Richard Milhous Nixon in his first inaugural speech.

Bill
Field Marshall

Sun Jun 16, 2019 7:22 am

Yay!

The summoning ritual looks like it might work!
Richard Nixon wrote:
Sun Jun 16, 2019 7:09 am

EDIT: I saw that Harb might miss the session. Since I have the ability to dual-box I can temporarily take over Romania for this session. If Harb has any comprehensive plans he can pass on to his teammates they can relay them to me and I can try to carry them out to the best of my ability. Or I can just wing it. I find playing two nations distracting and vastly prefer being able to focus on a single country so if Harb would prefer the AI handle Romania and would be more than happy with that as well.
From USSR's perspective, dual boxing is OK. (There probably won't be much of a disagreement AFAICT. The folks who don't really approve of dual boxing aren't playing. :) )

Richard Nixon
Field Marshall

Sun Jun 16, 2019 7:29 am

How does the SU feel about a Fascist Sweden? From my second edit:
EDIT 2: Giving some cursory thought to the country I would like to play.

If I am in the Axis I would like to try a Fascist Sweden. If the Soviet player thinks this is too unbalancing then we could mutually agree to keep Finland neutral. Instead of puppeting or conquering Finland the Soviets could choose the option to settle for what they ask for and neither the Axis or the Comintern could attempt to involve Finland in until either the Soviet Union is conquered or the Axis collapses. Sweden could still participate in Barbarossa but not by going through Finland so the Soviets would not have to worry about that front.

If I am on the side of the Allies I would choose Canada.
"Know that there are only three things that men respect: the lash that descends, the yoke that breaks and the sword that slays. By the power and terror of these you may conquer the earth." Richard Milhous Nixon in his first inaugural speech.