1.08 is released

HoI2: Arsenal of Democracy. Home of the former (now legendary!) Tuesday Pacific game.

Moderator: MagooNZ

gogopher
General

1.08 is released

Fri Aug 24, 2012 11:28 am

seems as if we ended the game right on time as 1.08 is released now...http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/sho ... s-released

i suggest we assign countries first...then do rules...since last game the reverse most assuredly didnt work...my rationalization for this is once u know ur country and ur potential allies u can be responsible for championing the rules u think necessary for ur survival...the reverse opens the door to secrect cabals, hidden agendas, and more importantly allows people to overlook a rule that was important for their alliance (aka rockets for the allies and usa entry for the axis)...

last game had a lot of baseless acrimony and false accusations on both sides...i suggest we clean that up and understand that this is a game and name calling should be left at home not in game...i also think we should use a vote system to assign countries and not do picking on senority...that way we may be able to break up current trend in alliances i am seeing (ie lobo/pedal/nixon....duck/cougy/gogo)...i think a lot of the angst will go if we have people who have never allied before playing together

lastly i think huggy has some very powerful rule suggestions and i hope he will post and champion them

looking forward to planning out the next game with you all

hugolin
Field Marshall

Re: 1.08 is released

Fri Aug 24, 2012 6:56 pm

Thanks for posting this. It seems like a solid upgrade. Just got back home, no time to read all the details, but I liked what I read.

I will likely skip the next game, but I will try to take the time to post some suggestions in regard to rules, etc.
"Defending like Chiang, attacking like Il Douche, Conquering like... Emperor Cheeto, Emperor of the Sino-Japanese Empire of the peaceful sun of the Eastern horizon"

sabbath
Field Marshall

Sat Aug 25, 2012 10:50 am

??? You actually want to play again, when you two and lobo/nixon have been yelling at each other for pages and pages?
Yet another WPO game in that went unfinished ...

I don't see how they are going to ever trust you when they are convinced and there is no way to prevent or know if people are loading up the save.

Which means I don't see how we can ever have a good game with both sets of player, did a game not just get ruined because of this, what changed in the last week that is now going to make the next one good?

And that doesn't even begin to cover your objections to the rules. You have so many of your own, you could always host your own game with your personalized set. That's why I have Friday. You'd never have to allow a sub for even the most minor of countries then.

gogopher
General

Tue Aug 28, 2012 7:36 pm

sabbath stfu...u have been the cause of more games failing than anyone in the friggin history of wpo...and anyone can lob accusations of cheating and since there is no defense nor any proof its a moot point to do so...

and yes i would be willing to play again...but without huggy im not sure...he is without doubt the most level headed of all the wpo players currently active and one who thinks of the good of the game before his country...so the prospect of facing another game without huggy and with you is troubling at best...

the only real solution would be to ensure that lobo/pedal and cougy/gogo are on separate alliances to ensure that the animosity from last game doesnt carry over...and i sure as hell never want to rely on u again in any alliance