(928.27 KiB) Downloaded 9 times

setloz
Field Marshall

Re: SAVES

Sun Oct 20, 2019 12:40 am

desev wrote:
Sat Oct 19, 2019 3:37 pm
- Fixed axis ai builds
I have a problem with this kind of AI editing. You and Jarski are familiar with editing the save game. The rest of us are not.
I have to contend with Canada building airbases in the wilderness. Australia building stuff noone needs. A host of puppets that don't build anything but stockpile thousands of supplies nobody uses.
I had to load up Belgium and Netherlands to get them to build some infantry instead of stockpiling supplies.

So - for next game - we must have a serious discussion - either we have a competent AI for ALL puppets or no such AI builds optimizing be done.
“The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other guy die for his.”
Gen. George S. Patton

desev
Field Marshall

Sun Oct 20, 2019 4:26 am

setloz wrote:
desev wrote:
- Fixed axis ai builds
I have a problem with this kind of AI editing. You and Jarski are familiar with editing the save game. The rest of us are not.
I have to contend with Canada building airbases in the wilderness. Australia building stuff noone needs. A host of puppets that don't build anything but stockpile thousands of supplies nobody uses.
I had to load up Belgium and Netherlands to get them to build some infantry instead of stockpiling supplies.
So - for next game - we must have a serious discussion - either we have a competent AI for ALL puppets or no such AI builds optimizing be done.
You can load Australia and others when needed with another comp or request whatever change as has been done other times. In any case Axis also tend to suffer a few of those zombie puppets/minors, as these edits are as tedious as loading AIs and I usually just order coastal/infra serials so the order lasts for most of the campaign-As an example, this time I just fixed broken coastals for Vichy and told them to finish some more infra so they have something to do-, while I ignored Poland, Romania and others which have been doing nothing or pure crap for ages. In any case I am ok with a rule for it in future games linked to a rule on loading AIs.

setloz
Field Marshall

Sun Oct 20, 2019 5:36 am

desev wrote:
Sun Oct 20, 2019 4:26 am
setloz wrote:
desev wrote:
- Fixed axis ai builds
You can load Australia and others when needed with another comp or request whatever change as has been done other times. In any case Axis also tend to suffer a few of those zombie puppets/minors, as these edits are as tedious as loading AIs and I usually just order coastal/infra serials so the order lasts for most of the campaign-As an example, this time I just fixed broken coastals for Vichy and told them to finish some more infra so they have something to do-, while I ignored Poland, Romania and others which have been doing nothing or pure crap for ages. In any case I am ok with a rule for it in future games linked to a rule on loading AIs.
I totally understand your point, I've been on both axis and the allied sides.
I'm just saying we have to discuss this thoroughly for next game.
“The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other guy die for his.”
Gen. George S. Patton

Jarski
Field Marshall

Sun Oct 20, 2019 6:46 am

setloz wrote:
I would like some clarifications on these.

Where has Canada been building airbases? Its AI should only build airbases to Halifax and nowhere else.

What useless stuff has Australia been making?

Supply stockpiling indeed happens occasionally but did Belgium and Netherlands have manpower to build anything? The two are vulnerable to getting messed up due to the capital change they experience with the German invasion. Supply stockpiling often happens if AIs lack manpower.

Please report any crazy AI things because those can be fixed for future versions.

What comes to AI editing, I would continue to allow it, as players war plans vary greatly and some might involve the AIs to perform in a certain way. I find it a bad idea to enforce the AIs to always acting the same way, with no control over it.

But yes, I agree that Axis has an advantage over the editing business, but then again, we are one man short at the moment, and alot of the editing can be done by simply loading up a minor nation with a secondary PC. We mostly just edit the AIs constructions orders, aka, tell them what not to build and what to build, and sometimes the same thing with research. When adding serials to the constructions pool it still pretty much requires a load.

But as was said, requests can be made for us to make edits the Allied AIs if you are feeling comfortable sharing the minors secrets with us. I also think EO has the knowledge to do edits in a savegame? We can also give you a brief lecture on how to do it, as its not a difficult thing, just a matter of editing a few percentages in a certain sections. And perhaps in next game me and Des are on the opposing team again so both sides got their editor.

desev
Field Marshall

Mon Oct 21, 2019 5:54 am

Jarski wrote:
Sun Oct 20, 2019 6:46 am
I agree to Jar's points
setloz wrote:
Sun Oct 20, 2019 5:36 am
I totally understand your point, I've been on both axis and the allied sides.
I'm just saying we have to discuss this thoroughly for next game.
And I agree we should consider; after all, a limit on loads/edits could have a benefit of simplifying our game, even if sometimes AI minor allies would really annoy us...

El Duck
Field Marshall

Mon Oct 21, 2019 2:04 pm

I think SET is right. This is a subject we need to discuss before our next game. In this game I know that DES or Jar would be happy to edit anything the Allies might wish done.

Another item we may want to discuss is the use of second computers. We might want to limit their use to subbing for missing players only.

We do have to be careful not to restrict things such as edits and second computers that promote more fun for our players. Perhaps making sure each side has an editor would be a good idea.

In any case, this game sure seems to have a lot time left. We may still be fighting this one our in 2021!

desev
Field Marshall

Thu Oct 31, 2019 4:38 pm

endofsession
Attachments
PPR430116.rar
(947.46 KiB) Downloaded 6 times

desev
Field Marshall

Fri Nov 08, 2019 5:15 pm