I'm fine with whatever is left. But my preferences are
1. Nat./Rep. Spain
2. India
3. Canada

El Duck
Field Marshall

Re: SIGN UPS FOR THE NEW GAME

Sat Nov 25, 2017 8:28 am

Let's give Liberty his first choice, Spain. He is a charter member of team Axis and knows their dark secrets. We will need some guidelines for Spain under a human player. I suggest that Spain must go to the Nationalists, no DOWs, no joining the Axis unless Germany accepts the event and then they can only join on the date that the event would allow, I remember it being DEC 41.

I think we need to reserve India for the Finnish pal. Jar wants him in his alliance so he can teach him and that seems fair.

If Dolph or anyone else comes along they can take South American countries with guidelines to be determined.

desev
Field Marshall

Sat Nov 25, 2017 9:23 am

Right, Spain joins on January 1941 according to the B option enabled by the Oct 1940 Hendaye meeting.

- I fully agree Spain only should be able to join by the Hendaye event and not be required to manually dow allies (as that would break the event) but neither be able to dow anybody.
- I would believe before scw Spain shoulded simply reduce yet fully fund the first 3 infra of Madrid at 3x, but tell the serial NOT to continue after the first 3 ones as not to hinder the republic during war.
- Also, to finish the 2 ships.
- I also recommend the obligation to kill any land troops in the republican mainland even if the vps are all taken, as historically it was a bloodbath, yet on aod this crap does inherit all of the units of the deceased republic that are still alive if you don't kill them before annexation, something which happened for the planes and ships (at least material wise), but not for the divisions of the republic, where only part of the men and materials were gathered.
- I agree with the human being forced to choose nats.
- Maybe some rule forcing the units to keep stationed as in jan 1936 until the coup, except for partisan kills.
- Spain is forced to choose option A in the 1936 elections as option B sleeps the civil war.
- Nat Spain can't rename divisions before the post-war events do finish.

Recapitulating, the current roll stands as:

SOV - Jar
CHI - Bona
USA- EO
ITA - Prince
GER - Des
JAP - Set
ENG - Duck
IND - Finnish pal
SPA - Liberty
??? - Dolphin
Last edited by desev on Sun Nov 26, 2017 12:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

El Duck
Field Marshall

Sat Nov 25, 2017 3:59 pm

OK, Des, I an live with everything in your above post. Before I put in the official rules let's wait to see if Liberty or anyone else has anything to add.

Liberty, we particularly need to hear from you. Are you interested in playing Spain with the above restrictions? If so, anything you want added or changed?

Emperor Liberty
General

Sun Nov 26, 2017 9:53 am

Ok, that is fine with me. It really sounds interesting for Spain to be fairly independent until 1941. Also the thing with spanish neutrality so that we can avoid a soviet or allied takeover in the early stages of the war like last game.
I also assume that there will be German and Italian military control during the civil war? How will we manage the gameplay as multiple players?

desev
Field Marshall

Sun Nov 26, 2017 12:27 pm

Correction to my previous post;
- I would believe before scw Spain shoulded simply reduce yet fully fund the first 3 infra of Madrid at 3x, but tell the serial NOT to continue after the first 3 ones as not to hinder the republic during war.

With human Spain we can choose not to take the MC with an option B unless you want us as observers.

El Duck
Field Marshall

Sun Nov 26, 2017 4:36 pm

The rules regarding Spain have been posted in the official thread.

Last game we had various players MC the different Spanish factions. This was quite time consuming and significantly extended the "mindless time" prior to Danzig. I suggest that we allow Liberty to fight the AI Republicans without other players MCing them.

Mr_B0narpte
Field Marshall

Mon Nov 27, 2017 3:13 pm

Maybe Dolphin or Jarski's Finnish friend can be Republican Spain? As China I shouldn't really mind either way, but I would personally prefer a human v. human battle in the Spanish Civil War. I am happy to MC Republican Spain instead if that doesn't cause issue.

I do remember the situation in the last game, but I believe this set up to be quite different and also I believe there will not be any shenanigans this time around.

Jarski
Field Marshall

Mon Nov 27, 2017 3:46 pm

Soviets wont be too eager to bail out on the Republicans either, we expect a good bloodbath in Spain.

El Duck
Field Marshall

Mon Nov 27, 2017 4:27 pm

OK. I guess Liberty is going to be busy for a while! Go for it then.

Please note that the sign up thread for the 2016 game has been us stuck and will soon slide down the forum as we have new topics. Thanks go out to EO for doing it. I still have no idea how it is done!