Game 1 - HOI4 (Chat & Banter)

Tuesday Night Game: 8PM - 11PM East Coast Time

Mostly Beer and Pretzels games focused on fun and hanging with a good group of people. Teamspeak encouraged.
Industrious
Field Marshall

Re: Game 1 - HOI4 (Chat & Banter)

Wed Sep 21, 2016 6:48 pm

My point to this rant is, I think we all need thicker skin playing defensively.
I think if you balance the teams player skill wise and countrywise (doesn't necessarily have to be historical, but it has to a pre built thing), it can get into more of a naturally extended game. People can be as competitive as they possibly can be that way, and do not have to hold back which is much funner, and more natural. This of course does not mean that people should get gamey and start manipulating the mechanics, it just means giving it your all.

Also, let's face it no one wants to play in a losing situation, it can get very frustrating. People have different tolerances, but at some point you know it's time to throw in the towel. If the teams are balanced the game will go deep, and it will be called at an appropriate time. That's my philosophy in calling games, anyway.

Victory goals short of total victory are something I'm very much in favor of also, btw. Everyone knows when the game should end that way and it doesn't drag on or end prematurely.

That said, I understand the appeal for some people in playing a more relaxed, in-character, open-ended sandbox match, but I think it can actually be more work just from a pure creativity standpoint, and for me it's not something I'm too into right now.

Geofactor
Major General

Fri Jan 13, 2017 4:46 pm

I'd like to drop in this game if possible....can someone post the TS address...thx, Geo

Altaris
Field Marshall

Fri Jan 13, 2017 8:06 pm

This game is done, but we've got an HOI4 game going on Wednesdays at 8:00 PM EST. Only 1 session in if you're still interested

Zarin_lives
General

Mon Jan 16, 2017 9:51 am

Choose carefully and join the Reich side
"Viata-n libertate ori moarte!" -Life in freedom or death!