HoI3 - Supply

A place to discuss how to get better and more devious with your favourite game.

Moderators: Jones, aphrochine

ArtyMan
noob

HoI3 - Supply

Sat Dec 17, 2011 2:51 pm

I have a couple questions about supplies. In a current game I am playing (as the USA), I have my naval fleet (3 carriers, 6 other ships) in San Fransisco and it is not supplied, and it will not build up supplies, san fransisco has industry (which i think is where the supplies come from?) is this a bug, or am I missing something basic? Can someone please run down some tips on supplies, routes and the mechanics of it please?
AM.

Sangeli
Field Marshall

Re: Supply

Sat Dec 17, 2011 3:46 pm

ArtyMan wrote:I have a couple questions about supplies. In a current game I am playing (as the USA), I have my naval fleet (3 carriers, 6 other ships) in San Fransisco and it is not supplied, and it will not build up supplies, san fransisco has industry (which i think is where the supplies come from?) is this a bug, or am I missing something basic? Can someone please run down some tips on supplies, routes and the mechanics of it please?
Well supply should be built there, but since the US doesn't need much supply and you have a lot of IC, the amount actually built in SF is small. I recommend creating a supply convoy to San Fran; that should fix the issue quickly.

aphrochine
Field Marshall

Sat Dec 17, 2011 5:32 pm

What he means is create a Supply Convoy from Washington to San Francisco. The lack of supply is probably due to consumption outpacing delivery. If you drastically increase supply demand in a far away province (like SF) by moving a bunch of troops there via rebase or transport, then it can take a while for the supply movement to the new demand levels. Meanwhile your troops and sailors are helping themselves to full rations.

"A good plan, violently executed now is better than a perfect plan next week." -Patton
"...a bad plan, is always a bad plan." -aphro

ArtyMan
noob

Sun Dec 18, 2011 1:30 pm

Thanks guys! I did that and it solved the problem immediately.

Thanks for the help.
AM.