My status.

Forum covering the WPO Paradox Multiplayer Mega-Campaign, beginning in Crusader Kings 2 in 769 AD, proceeding through EU4 and beyond!

Moderator: Altaris

mikeydz
Field Marshall

My status.

Thu Mar 08, 2018 8:16 pm

Hey guys.

Just found out today that I will be deploying for disaster recovery work to St. Thomas, US Virgin Islands on Monday (3/12). At the moment, I don't know where I'm gonna be staying, but I suspect it will be at the Margaritaville resort. If that's where I'm staying, supposedly I'll have wifi access in my suite, but as any traveler can tell you, internet can range from super awesome to spectacularly awful. I'm supposed to arrive in St. Thomas around 3pm, so that should be plenty of time for me to get settled in and my laptop setup. Assuming that is the case, I plan to be available for the session, if for nothing else, to test the quality of my connection.

So...

Assuming all goes well, I should be in good shape to continue with the mega campaign. However, my deployment (which was originally stated to last approx. 3 months) has now been extended to approx. 6mo to 1 year. If that is the case, and the internet at the resort is dog-poop, then me continuing might be problematic.

Just wanted to keep everyone in the loop. Hopefully I can make Mondays session and get a good test of the connection, and we can see how it goes.

Zarin_lives
General

Re: My status.

Thu Mar 08, 2018 8:58 pm

Good luck man hope to see you Monday!
Rule Britannia, Britannia rule the waves. Scotsmen never never never shall be slaves!

Altaris
Field Marshall

Re: My status.

Fri Mar 09, 2018 5:23 am

Thanks for the update Mikey. We will be playing MotE again Monday, so that'll be a good one to test connectivity on. Hope it all works out well for you, at least you'll be in a pretty locale!