Vicky II Conversion, alpha 1

Forum covering the WPO Paradox Multiplayer Mega-Campaign, beginning in Crusader Kings 2 in 769 AD, proceeding through EU4 and beyond!

Moderator: Altaris

Altaris
Field Marshall

Vicky II Conversion, alpha 1

Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:19 pm

Here's link to my initial setup for the Vicky 2 conversion: https://www.dropbox.com/s/z149nab4mpaai ... 1.zip?dl=0

This is just a rough first pass, it will change some over the next few days.

I took Stu's base import and made the following changes:
1 - Set start of campaign to 1/1/1821 and end of campaign to 1/1/1900
2 - Reduced pop size by approximately 95% (this only reduced population by about 60%, but it reduced the force limit of land armies by about 75% - this seemed like a good place to start). Land force limits are ranging from 150-260 range for our player nations, I think this is reasonable, and its enough to cover everyone's starting armies.
3 - Literacy factor changed from 1.0 to 0.2, this means our starting nations start around 10-15% literacy, in line with a typical V2 startup
4 - Removed all starting techs and changed the tech start dates of tier 1 and 2 for the modified timeline of 1820
5 - Changed all clerks to bureaucrats and all craftsmen to artisans. Reduced the number of capitalists down to a very small #, there weren't many to begin with. I plan to remove the starting factories and railroads as well (again, not many of these anyway). With an 1820 start we can have the Industrial Revolution actually starting up.
6 - Set militancy for non-European and non-Christian pops to a very high level, it will adjust downwards very quickly but setting it high seems to do the trick of actually jump-starting militancy. It looks very reasonable to manage but I think this will get the overseas colonies starting to agitate for national movements pretty quickly. This portion is still very much a WIP and subject to change

virtualrock
General

Re: Vicky II Conversion, alpha 1

Wed Mar 14, 2018 9:30 pm

I checked it out and it seems pretty good. Don’t know how I feel about that literacy rate though and also I kinda have an issue with how Greek culture and orthodox religion has become a minority in Byzantium in the conversion. I guess it didn’t convert the religions and cultures from EU4 and just used the default.

harbringerxv8
Field Marshall

Wed Mar 14, 2018 9:50 pm

I ran a few months into the save, and I share VR's concerns regarding cultures/religions as minorities. There is a very high prevalence of Dixie, for example, in both my and Zarin's American colonies, despite there being no real cultural overlap there except in Florida. It does seem like those weren't factored into the conversion, unlike in some of the other conversions I've seen.

Also, I'm not sure if others have been running into this, but the French economy is basically in tatters at the start of the game, racking up huge debts almost instantaneously even if expenses are lowered to minimums. National stockpiles seems to be the main culprit (due to the armies we have, I assume?).

Also, I'm not sure I agree with the premise of 15% literacy rates, when in Vanilla the literacy rates for Westernized nations is more likely to be within 40-60%, even when factoring in colonial holdings. The main exceptions to these were Russia, Spain, and Austria-Hungary, each of which had very limited educational systems and industrialization in 1836.

Land force limits look good, though naval might still be a touch high (I can raise 550 naval ships atm). Also, there's a few province hiccups here and there. The province northeast of Baghdad should go to VR, while Amiens should go to me. There's more, but this is just a brief opening.

Population, Capitalists, etc looks good in terms of numbers, but it does seem like something got switched in the conversion process.
-Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
Napoleon Bonaparte

virtualrock
General

Thu Mar 15, 2018 7:08 am

Yea so it seems like my nation has a bunch of Muslim crypto-Turks

Altaris
Field Marshall

Thu Mar 15, 2018 4:20 pm

Regarding literacy rates, keep in mind we are starting in 1821 rather than 1836, and that's 80 years to raise it. It's not that hard to get literacy rolling in this game, if it starts around 40% everyone will likely be 90+ by the 1880's. But it's an easy value to modify, so if everyone feels it should be higher, come to a consensus and I'll make it happen.

I will look into the economic situation, I haven't broached that yet.