June Game

Man yours, and others' guns! ...Sundays 8PM-11PM EST
greyhoundgames
Field Marshall

Re: June Game

Tue Jun 11, 2019 2:03 pm

Yeah but my comments point out that land lendlease is not a problem because the source of all land lend lease is overseas for the allies and axis lend lease is not an issue.

ummd
Field Marshall

Tue Jun 11, 2019 2:22 pm

I think the issue is that UK can send tons of Inf Eq to RAJ from 1936-1939 (even at higher weight spread out over years) then just pop it up to China.

Given that we have no China player this game. It’s probably not critical that we solve this now. I am fine with US or UK sending guns to SOV via LL

greyhoundgames
Field Marshall

Tue Jun 11, 2019 5:17 pm

Ok is everybody happy with lend lease for the next game with no extra rules given that
1) there is no human china
2) all allied LL is going to be via convoys so expensive and subject to raiding
3) axis ground based LL has not caused a cafuffule in the past

jmland
General

Tue Jun 11, 2019 5:42 pm

mikeydz wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2019 10:50 am
jmland wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2019 9:47 am
Regarding LL, I think the 10% limit is a good idea, along with no "lump sum" LL, especially with Fuel (which I've read that it gets there within a couple of hours)

Regarding MA, I'm highly in favor of no MA between alliances, and agree we should implement it on the upcoming game to demo it (i.e. "demo how it's better"). Question on this is...does MA include docking rights? My thoughts are yes it does.
I'm fine with limiting fuel the same as other items (10% stockpile, 20% production). I also think fuel should be the only item shipped by boat which should be limited, due to "instant" transport function fuel LL has. I think Oil trading should not be restricted, since it has a civ factory cost (which is taxed).

No MA between Alliances is the same as banning MA. No one MA's within an Alliance (its a function of the Alliance itself so not needed), so who else is there to MA if not a country outside of the Alliance? Greyhound's currently listed MA limitation prevents the original (but inaccurate) complaint that the Allies sent troops into the SU which could not have been stopped.
Maybe the US/UK divisions, but what about all the Chinese divisions on the front line in the Caucus's, and in Ukraine? (and IIRC, I saw some Raj divisions there also at some point).

jmland
General

Wed Jun 12, 2019 7:58 am

Just a note, this Sunday is Father's Day in the US.
I recommend we don't start the game this weekend.
In any case, I will probably be unavailable due to family obligations (this Sunday only).

Bill
Field Marshall

Wed Jun 12, 2019 8:23 am

jmland wrote:
Wed Jun 12, 2019 7:58 am
probably be unavailable
"probably"

Sounds like a 85% chance that Joe won't be able to make it.

But 15% chance he will...depends on what time Father's Day festivities ends. Hmmm...

"Dad, happy Father's Day! We know you really like playing with your online friends. So this Father's Day, we want to give you the gift of have-a-playdate-with-your-associates gift!"

In all seriousness, real life >>> online gaming.

See you on Sunday, June 23d?

greyhoundgames
Field Marshall

Wed Jun 12, 2019 9:09 am

with the no MA, somebody else also pushed for no docking rites.
That is really rough on the axis. Are you guys sure you want no germans in the pacific?

mikeydz
Field Marshall

Wed Jun 12, 2019 9:15 am

jmland wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2019 5:42 pm
mikeydz wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2019 10:50 am
jmland wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2019 9:47 am
Regarding LL, I think the 10% limit is a good idea, along with no "lump sum" LL, especially with Fuel (which I've read that it gets there within a couple of hours)

Regarding MA, I'm highly in favor of no MA between alliances, and agree we should implement it on the upcoming game to demo it (i.e. "demo how it's better"). Question on this is...does MA include docking rights? My thoughts are yes it does.
I'm fine with limiting fuel the same as other items (10% stockpile, 20% production). I also think fuel should be the only item shipped by boat which should be limited, due to "instant" transport function fuel LL has. I think Oil trading should not be restricted, since it has a civ factory cost (which is taxed).

No MA between Alliances is the same as banning MA. No one MA's within an Alliance (its a function of the Alliance itself so not needed), so who else is there to MA if not a country outside of the Alliance? Greyhound's currently listed MA limitation prevents the original (but inaccurate) complaint that the Allies sent troops into the SU which could not have been stopped.
Maybe the US/UK divisions, but what about all the Chinese divisions on the front line in the Caucus's, and in Ukraine? (and IIRC, I saw some Raj divisions there also at some point).
Without reverting back to 1.6.2 and 1.5 mod, my memory is that a large portion of foreign troops were again having supply issues (which is probably why the Raj troops pulled back), so a good number ended up coming off the front because they were hurting more than they were helping.

My guess is if you hadn't been overloaded with trying to continue the push on the SOV front, respond to the Suez/ME attacks, and counter the Jutland invasion all at the same time (per your AAR, you basically were trying to manage 4 land fronts solo), the extra forces there would have been more of a speed bump than a brick wall.

ummd
Field Marshall

Wed Jun 12, 2019 9:33 am

greyhoundgames wrote:
That is really rough on the axis. Are you guys sure you want no germans in the pacific?
I will refuse to put Germans in the Pacific on principle.

The Atlantic, on the other hand, is fair game.

mikeydz
Field Marshall

Wed Jun 12, 2019 9:53 am

greyhoundgames wrote:
Axis Docking rights enhanced the Allied convoy and ASW problems greatly, especially in the Caribbean and Panama canal zones. It forced the Allied to spread the ASW net wider, lessening it's effectiveness.

It also was only counterable in the field of battle, since the "bases" themselves were "impenetrable". They could not be port struck since those countries were not at war. They could not be justified against because none of the ones in Central or South America or Caribbean had caused tension, and coups are banned. The allies could have boosted democratic party popularity, but would that have changed anything, since the party in power would stay fascist until the next election? So it was unhistorical and unrealistic (since there is no way the US would let Axis subs be based in the Americas and not have done anything about it), with very limited counters.

But I don't think it should be banned. It added another puzzle to attempt to solve for the Allies. I think it added to the game.

greyhoundgames
Field Marshall

Wed Jun 12, 2019 9:58 am

Ummd, the only subs you are going to have in the atlantic will be at the bottom.. sorry bud.

Kindly tell us, where else your subs won't be going on principal.. it might help... somehow...

harbringerxv8
Field Marshall

Wed Jun 12, 2019 10:39 am

I actually like the idea of utilizing docking rights. There is a certain degree of historical precedent, as well (Battle of the River Plate comes to mind). Obviously it's not the Pacific, but it's the same concept.
-Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
Napoleon Bonaparte

Bill
Field Marshall

Wed Jun 12, 2019 11:53 am

greyhoundgames wrote:
Wed Jun 12, 2019 9:58 am
Kindly tell us, where else your subs won't be going on principal.. it might help... somehow...
LoL!

The last time I laughed out loud was last week when our Shih-tzu was very excited about something.

Random photo of a Shih Tzu posted on the internet used for illustrative purposes.jpg
Random photo of a Shih Tzu posted on the internet used for illustrative purposes.jpg (161.16 KiB) Viewed 353 times